wil brillinger

To share my thoughts and journey, I thought it about time to start something a little more interactive...

Friday, July 08, 2005

Extrapolations of Psalms

Ps 34:1; Ps 39:7, 12a

I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. Despite the challenges and frustrations of walking in this world I will use my voice to glorify him. For it is he alone who is worth the breath that I breathe since he alone is the purpose of my being. My joy is because of him, my anxiety caused by separation.

And now, LORD, for what do I wait? My hope is in you. I wait to escape the I. It is because of my hope in me that I have lost hope. The instability of I has corrupted my understanding of you. I abandon hope in myself, for you are my Saviour who alone can save me in all – including myself.

Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear to my cry; do not be silent at my tears. I am desperate apart from you. I long for the fulfillment of your touch. I long for that part of me to be filled by you, though I don’t know what that would be. Dry my waterless, tear-filled eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home