wil brillinger

To share my thoughts and journey, I thought it about time to start something a little more interactive...

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Motorcycles and such...

My apologies for the delay in getting some communication out to you about what’s been going on in my life. Plenty has happened in the last few months since you heard from me last, maybe it will come out in time…

Two weeks ago I was in an accident on my motorcycle. A friend and I were returning to Paia at about 10:30pm after hanging out with friends. I was going about 30-35mph when three deer ran across the road right in front of me! I hit one; breaking his back, and causing me to lay the bike down and slide a ways on some asphalt (not the best way to finish of a great night!). An ambulance ride, x-rays, and some scrubbing of wounds (the most intense pain I’ve ever been in, in my life!) and I was sent home with nothing broken, just missing skin and tissue.

I’m doing pretty well. My right foot is pretty messed up and will take the longest to heal, so be praying for that. Also pray that things with my medical insurance pan out all right. My motorcycle is in decent shape; it still runs fine, which is the important part. But I’m going to have to buy a new headlight, speedometer and foot pegs, which will set me back several hundred dollars. But I’m thankful to be alive, it could have been much worse.

This accident proved to facilitate some great insight for me. As I was lying on the ground, when all had come to a stop and I saw the holes in my body, my first response was: all right Jesus, you’ve got to help me. After that my body started shaking, a natural response to shock, but you know, mentally/consciously/spiritually I was great. It was revealed to me that my physical body is just shell. People will talk about “the Joy of the Lord”, and it’s often seemed as something that I’ve needed to conjure up in times of distress. But I can honestly say in this time there was no conjuring involved, it was just there. I felt almost saturated by this peace and joy. http://wil.warning.ca/gallery/blog-photos/aaa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home